George, Terrie, Heather, Josh, Angel, Daniel

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Sometimes it is better to be kind than to be right!

Sometimes it is better to be kind than to be right.

I read this quote last week and it really spoke to my heart. How many times do we have to have the last word? We want to prove that we were right. Yes, sir, I told you so! See, I was right!

Now I am not talking about life or death situations here. I am not talking about moral or spiritual choices. I am talking about the little things, the daily situations that arise between us and our spouse, or our children. We know we are right and we will go to great lengths and lectures to prove it.

Maybe instead we should just smile and go on. Maybe taking the opportunity to be kind is better. I know I get in lecture mode sometimes and does this really teach my children to think of others? Does this teach them to listen and really care?

I feel that the Lord used this quote to make me try to be a better, more humble person. This is a very short blog entry but I feel it is powerful. What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I lived with a man that did this everyday. Agreed. However, I think this also applies to giving or voicing opinions as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we all have a right to our opinion, BUT we still need to treat others with kindness while expressing them AND remember our opinion is just that, We can agree to disagree as well!<3

      Delete