George, Terrie, Heather, Josh, Angel, Daniel

Friday, January 20, 2017

O THE WONDER OF IT ALL JAN.20,2017


O THE WONDER OF IT ALL

As a mama my heart is full. My oldest son and his fiance left this morning to return to college for their last semester before they graduate. My son’s fiance’s parents were here as well and left today. I am blessed to call them friends. Josh and Rebecca will be married this summer and I am gaining a wonderful, godly daughter in law as well as her Godly parents.God is so good. Over Christmas break we were able to have a wedding shower for Josh and Rebecca

 Since they will be married in another state, many of our friends and family will not be able to attend the wedding. The shower was a chance for Josh’s friends and family to wish him well. As different people spoke at the shower giving Josh and Becca well wishes and words of wisdom, I was humbled. God is so gracious and puts the right people and opportunities in our and our children’s lives. As we raise our children and try to give them the right schooling and have them around people who will be a Godly influence in their lives, we often think we have failed.

 Even when we can’t image how God works it all out, He does. I am so thankful that ultimately God is in control of all things, even when we don’t think we are being the parents that our child needs. As I look at the children that God has let us raise, I am in awe. Today is January 20, 2017. As I pray for my son and future daughter in law as they drive south to finish one chapter in their lives, and I watch the Presidential Inauguration on television, the hymn that comes to mind is: THE WONDER OF IT ALL..

Wonder Of It All

George Beverly Shea

There's the wonder of sunset at evening,
The wonder as sunrise I see;
But the wonder of wonders that thrills my soul
Is the wonder that God loves me.

O, the wonder of it all! The wonder of it all!
Just to think that God loves me.
O, the wonder of it all! The wonder of it all!
Just to think that God loves me.

There's the wonder of springtime and harvest,
The sky, the stars, the sun;
But the wonder of wonders that thrills my soul
Is a wonder that's only begun.

O, the wonder of it all! The wonder of it all!
Just to think that God loves me.
O, the wonder of it all! The wonder of it all!
Just to think that God loves me.




No comments:

Post a Comment